3rd Question

After finishing visa interview yesterday, I went to Cheonggaechuon with Sunny and Gracie(my roomy) and walked around it for about an hour. When I saw it on TV, it looked very beautiful and refreshing place. However, I was disappointed at it after I visited there. It is surrounded with cement walls and
sidewalks, smells pungent, and has just a little grass and no place to take a rest. It is extremely artificial. Making it has historical value, however, I heard municipal authorities of Seoul spend millions of money a month in letting its water not go bad. Where has national taxes been gone ???
President MBL has plans to make a "big canal".
What do you think of it? Why?

6 comments:
Hi, Lina.
Very difficult question !!!
Later, I`ll visit again.
I'm against it. First, the big canal will contaminate the river and damage mountain. If rivers are destroyed by something the big canal could make, the water we drink will also have many pollutants. Second, too big money will be spended unnecessarily. What do you think how many amount of goods could be conveyed by canal these days? Other trasportation, truck, plane or train are enough to carrry goods in Korea. The economic effect of canal seems not to be good compared to other transportation. Third, instead of using canal We can make use of ships through the sea.
Oh, Lina. quite tricky question for me. Basically I'm against it. Sometimes, on the way to my hometown, I saw farmers living along the Nakdong river. I heared they have difficulties farming beause they have a lack of water. If the big canal is tuilt, they will have no water to drink. Then how can they live. Should they live their hometown?.... I don't know.
It's absolutely crazy idea. i'm against it, because of some reasons
first, it may cause water pollution. if there should be just one ship crash in the cannel, then we can't have any water to drink.
second, many experts say that it does not help our ecomony at all. and also, to make canel, many mountains can be destroyed. we will lose lots of our precious old treasures.
I think, he seems to have no brain, not Young(ㅎㅎㅎ). CRAZY !!!
Imagine, no water in the canal and ship, water pollution,no econmic advantage, if would overflow...
We should think about the shortage of drinking water all over the world. So serious in the future.
Of course, I'm against it. Lee's task force team failed to find the reason to build the great canal,too in spite of being sponcered amount of money by the government. I think that our government doesn't have more ideas to peusuade us and must pay attention to public opinion.
Post a Comment